In the Words of a Heartbreaker

Everytime you show up,
I want you to leave.
Make excuses of why I don't want you to be...
my friend,
my boyfriend,
want this all to end!

Make up lies,
to get you to go away,
say things like,
"Oh, I have a busy day..."

A person like you isn't meant to be true.
I went through this before, screamed
so much, my throat grew sore.

So I don't get attached to those who aren't my match.
I have my heart protected with a secure latch.

Don't want for me, because I won't change!
Don't stick around, love's call is out of the range!

Hopefully you will find someone much better,
that's why I decided to send you this letter.

So long, so long
I know this is wrong.
But I really do have a million things to do,
and I just couldn't make myself fall in love with you.


Nicholl McGuire is the author of Laboring to Love Myself. Scroll to link on left to purchase book.

No comments:

RSS Search