It's Not My Fault

Don't blame me for quitting YOUR dream.
Sorry, I stopped playing on YOUR team.

Years ago, you made me think you loved me,
made me feel like you honestly cared about me.

With head held high, you sipped your tea,
and flashed money in your wallet, so that I could see.

"I am going to a land called, Opportunity
and I'm going to be all that I ever wanted to be...
you'll see!"

So I rolled my sleeves up and I got us there,
and that's when you dropped your underwear!
Had the nerve to tell others, I didn't play fair!?

What on earth made you do what you did!?
Then brought the crazy B to our crib!
So what that I had left only a day before,
but I was your wife, not your whore!

Couldn't wait for me to go,
so that you could advertise So and So!

No, I'm not to blame for your troubles,
and yes I did deflate your many bubbles.

Today you were doing this, and tomorrow that,
meanwhile on a day off you just sat and sat!

Always talking about your needs,
while thinking you were going
to get away with misdeeds.

In another's life, causing her strife,
walking around with your little knife.

One should always watch his back,
especially when he easily blows his stack.

Thinking one is better than the rest,
sooner or later, he will be put to test.

So I take no fault for your pain,
hold my head high while I shake my mane!


Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

RSS Search