Say Goodbye

Note: This is dedicated to my readers who have lost loved ones.

I had hoped to talk to you one more time
to tell you that I'm feeling fine.

Had wanted to say
how much I pray
that all would be well, that you would be okay.
But didn't have time to talk that day.

You took your cue,
you knew,
I had alot to do--
minutes I didn't have, not even a few.

But I didn't expect our last phone call
would be The End,
so a simple text I wrote, followed by "Send."

"Talk to u soon...love you"
Then back to the list "To Do."

Never dreaming in a thousand years,
that I would be shedding so many tears.

I could have listened to your voice--
could have made the right choice.

You were the one who helped me combat my fears,
and told me to, "Dry up those tears..."
You had been there when no one else had,
you accepted me even when I was bad.

I love you so much, I love you so!
So soon you had to go.
Some reasons we will never know.

Thank you for listening,
now a spiritual being.

You have given me peace,
my guilt has ceased.

Goodbye, goodbye.
Long-live your love
it will never die.


Nicholl McGuire is author of Laboring to Love Myself and other books.




No comments:

RSS Search