Old Flame

Tall trees,
tall love
we walked along yet another wooded path.

I held your hand.
We talked much.

You stopped.
Held me close.

Whispered in your ear.
It had been over a year.

"Blue eyes,
promise me no lies.
I have grew up to become very wise.
You have long been in my thoughts.
I sought, I got...
nothing to replace
your innocent face."

She shared her heart.
They were off to a good start.

He wasn't letting her leave this time,
for that would have been a crime.

He had endured much--
had to break free from a Clutch.
Ran away from a Stalker and
got trapped with a Street Walker.

But he had returned in the hopes of
rekindling love. 
Desired to be what she had prayed him to be,
the man that could rescue thee...
from a self who missed out on many things
one who had worn many mens' diamond rings.

They weren't right for her, this he knew,
he was a little late to take a clue.
But now it was time to prove love too.

He was far above all the others,
and like them, he had lost his mother.
She was the light in a blind man's eyes.
He had to come clean and expose lies.

With so much to gain and nothing to lose,
this time he wouldn't dare refuse,
a love like this,
a once in a lifetime bliss.

He jumped at the chance to rekindle a lost romance.

Nicholl McGuire



No comments:

RSS Search