It Was All Lies

His smile was a lie like that of a clown.
Behind the face was evil.

The first date
Corners of eyes were looking at someone else.

Next date
Phone rang unanswered.

Third date
Late again, always an excuse.

Fourth date
Lost in eyes and words.

Fifth date
Life stories.

Sixth date
Lustful thoughts.

Seventh date
His eyes were like snakes still looking at others.

Why did I allow this?
I reasoned it was natural.
I shook away what I thought was insecurity.

Told him I didn't believe in men having women friends.
He thought I didn't know any better.
I should have said I didn't believe he could be a friend to women.

He held my hand.
Lips desperate for a kiss.
Another lie dripped from his tongue.

I wasn't his only one,
he guided us to a false light.
They got away before
the union to create a replica of he.
I didn't.
He was covered in darkness.
I refused to see
I blinded myself.

Found an old red and black book
buried under dirty clothes.
The key to his strange demeanor.
A symbol used in dark cults on its cover.
It gave me weird feelings.
I couldn't put it down.
I was curious.
Highlighted text
Underlined text
Stars next to text.
This was his bible.

Naked women
photos
books
videos.
His hobby.

Ignorant me.
I was an answer to his dark prayer.
A sex slave.

My duties
to serve him
to give him
to do for him...
in return for my loyalty
a stick
to poke
to stroke
to jab
to hurt.

I sought a way out
of this mess
he called a relationship.
This was a virus.
I was infected with
his lies
his life
his dream
his plan
his scheme.

Let someone else be his prey,
so I prayed.
The sex slave left.

That's when he came to his senses,
but it was too late.

Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

RSS Search