You Don't Need Me

You don't need me
just wanted me
didn't want what I was offering
just borrowing
had a plan
from the beginning.

Have some fun
then your done
on to the rest.

You looked at me one day
something fell upon your heart
you knew that this one was for keeps.

You didn't want to buy
just try
didn't want a commitment
too much work
didn't want to settle
had been there done that.

But then things changed,
maybe you needed me after all.
Maybe you wanted what you now can't have
you learned a little too late
you found an escape
and now you want to close the gap.

Should have thought about that
before
should have listened closer
to what I had said
while we laid down in bed.

Should have prayed for a solution
could have closed the door of confusion
but it was familiar
sometimes chaos makes one comfortable.

It was too easy to get me
even easier to keep me
but you didn't know how
couldn't figure out the man
didn't have any plan.

So self-pity, hate, cry
moan, then wipe your tears
start all over with someone else
and when you come to a detour
find a way out
parade her around
smile and look down.

You don't need me.


Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

RSS Search