I Saw A Vision of Him Once

I am in love!
The sound of his voice
brought peace to my mind.
I saw a vision of him once.

Light skin
dark hair
dark eyes
young
tall
sweet
kind
and of course all mine!

So happy about life I am
he was an added benefit
to my already blessed life.

I no longer felt the need to open doors
to men when I felt burdened.
No longer did I need a wind
beneath my wings because I found that in Jesus!

I could finally celebrate being in love
know that I would be okay
for the rest of my life!

The pillow I laid my head down
permanent
my address permanent
my name permanent
my dedication to the relationship steadfast!

I didn't have to search along the streets
wonder if he or him or that one was my future man
didn't have to hope anymore
didn't have to long for what was in store!

Because I knew
I knew...
before he came
I knew...
he didn't control my destiny
he didn't take what wasn't his from me
he didn't cheat on me
he didn't abuse me
he didn't lie to me.
His words were true.
He is an honest man.

What great joy
in knowing that I don't have to stay
up late at night hurting inside
because he won't touch me.

What peace I have
in knowing that he can talk to any woman
and I don't have to worry
he would cheat on me.

What happiness I have found
in knowing that he has not only embraced me
but accepted the extensions of me.

I am grateful
I am overjoyed
I am hopeful
of a man I never knew
a man I never met
a man whose coming...


Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

RSS Search