Temporal Feelings for a Temporal Relationship

Like a raging inferno the heat
centered itself upon my frigid heart.

An unseen fire burned my abusive past, hidden anger, and bitter emotions.
I was instantly hypnotized, engulfed by his beauty.

He demolished my memories of the one before him -- instantly!

My thoughts crowded out by his presence.
My body shook for his touch.
My mind envisioned our future.

I could see nothing to the left or right of me
only the angel that stood five feet in front of me.
A bright light welcomed me, said "come quickly for it won't be long..."
I couldn't move forward my feet plastered to the floor.

I cried, struggled, prayed if only I could meet him halfway!
As I moved in his direction,
fear began to strangle me
I fought its grasp
walked toward the one, my one!

His light beckoned me, but I could not go on,
for what would happen next startled me!
Behind him stood a dark shadow half man half beast!

A dark angel
created to take my life!
What happened to the rush of emotions that uplifted me, blinded me?
They were no more!

His light a mirage of an imagination run wild.
I saw what I wanted to see at first glance...
what I thought was love at first sight.

How many victims had this beast claimed before me?
Images of wounded, naked women, peeked from behind his shadow
tears streaming from blackened eyes!
They fought to be seen from behind his dark shadow.
A black cloak covered them, they disappeared behind the veil.

He retreated when I resisted.
Spoke scriptures to him of God's love.
How could a dark angel that brightened my life for but a moment?
As quick as I fell in love with him, I hated him.
A wolf in sheeps clothing.

I vowed I would warn others.
He promised he would return.

Temporal feelings for a temporal relationship.

Written by Nicholl McGuire, for other writings by this author visit, www.associatedcontent.com/nichollmcguire

No comments:

RSS Search