True Love Must Be Earned - a poem by Nicholl McGuire

Flowers, rain showers,
the beauty went on for hours.
I saw a rainbow after the last drop fell,
my health started doing very well.

Had been lovesick for days,
I thought it was just a phase.

This was something so new,
made me think of much to do.

In my sickness,
saw so many past faces,
had remembered being in so many dark places.

But this special person did things to me,
stuff I had dreams about, you see?

But days of spending time alone,
and feeling those pains that
made me groan,
I knew that this person was my one,
waited for years to finally have some real fun!

The best was yet to come!
Spent years fighting my fears,
and holding back so many tears.

Then along comes That One
who makes it all feel better,
I couldn't wait to sit
down and pen a love letter.

When I was a child,
I thought of times like these,
seemed so far beyond what
the eyes could see.

Worked hard to become free,
desired much for someone
to just love me.

Then you finally earn the right,
to be that only one in their sight.

Yesterday was definitely worth the fight.
Welcomed into that special someone's light.

The one thing that I yearned,
the one thing that I learned
is true love must be earned!

Nicholl McGuire
 

No comments:

RSS Search