Rejected Kiss

Figured out
why he makes me shout
and why I want to get out!

Thought about the love I missed,
when I longed for a kiss,
but experienced a diss.

It was years before under a floor,
in a basement
when rejection left me sore.

I wanted so bad to feel glad,
but ended up feeling so mad!

What was a boyfriend for?
Relationships were such a bore.

At the young age of eleven,
I desired an earth like heaven.

There was much hoped for in that kiss,
one I didn't think I would miss.

Books and movies had prepared me for that day,
it was "...the kiss" they would say.

Something so special to make life better,
I asked for one in a love letter.

Prince Charming was supposed to pucker up,
but instead I felt ashamed, hoped he would shut up.

A boy wasn't ready for an adult life,
heard that love could cut like a knife.

So fast forward to this very present day,
rejection was evident--another reason to pray.

Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

RSS Search