Give Me Love or Give Me Death - nichollmcguire.blogspot.com

I survive on love!
Thrive on love!
Build a foundation
on spiritual love!

Love isn't for show,
it grows and grows
and respects the word,
"Please stop, no!"

Love doesn't come in a pill,
or lasts from some cheap thrill.

Give me love
or give me death--
better than a drug,
whose name is Meth.

Before I close my eyes,
and enjoy love's high,
I think of those times
I had wanted to die.
Love told me no lie!

Truth stands before me,
as far as my eyes can see,
my heart now locked,
I threw away the key!

Can't buy love like
going on a shopping spree,
but can't give it up as
if it's something you get for free.

Love is yearned, earned and learned!
It had passed me by one day when I forgot to say,
"I love you, Love, I love you!"

A little too late, far too soon to date.
Had to be reminded of love's learning tree,
some just didn't know how to hold me.

Give me love!
Can't die now!
I figured some things out
somehow.

Recognized who meant the most to me,
blinded was I, but now I see.

Logic to the right stares at me.
Creativity to the left beckons me.

Got a million things to do for love,
before I close my eyes,
and my body dies.

Nicholl McGuire a blogger for this site and others, check out: Tips Dating Older Men http://tipsdatingoldermen.blogspot.com and Laboring to Love an Abusive Mate http://laboringtoloveanabusivemate.blogspot.com





No comments:

RSS Search