Untitled

Saw the grief upon your face when I said goodbye
we hadn't broken up
we were only going our separate ways but for a moment.

I needed to return to my roots
a reminder of my old life.

Sometimes we allow our new world to change everything about us
including the good.
I couldn't allow that to happen.

So I left and found high up in the sky,
my freedom.

Would I return to familiarity to stay?
Would I leave you for what I knew better than I know myself?

Love is a funny thing when it comes to family.
No matter what you do in life, someone will always embrace you.

But relationships outside of family often do die.
They never seem to love you enough...
forgive enough...
listen enough...
hold on long enough...
before it's time to find someone else.

I'll never know what part of me returned to you,
I'll never know.

No comments:

RSS Search