Loving Someone Else But Me

Who do I see before my eyes?
The one I once loved
he was surrounded by a yellow light of happiness I so desired.

He loved me when I thought I couldn't be loved.
For I had spent many years feeling unloved.

No kiss upon the nape of my neck.
No arms that embraced my waist, spun me around,
and kissed me with lips that said, "It will be alright, I love you baby."

I had longed for memories of awaking to a smile.
My body ached for a slow caress that didn't move away
seeking the next body to hold.

I thought I found what I had been wishing for in him,
but I was wrong.

He was attached to another in mind, still heard her voice,
wished that his present would be different, thought far too long
about the past.

He was attached in body too.
At times his stride would go back to a time when he moved
the same with her.

Then the final blow to my heart, his spirit still connected.
He couldn't allow himself to drown in prayer for me,
because he was too busy still praying for her.

So I await my sentence until I am free again...
maybe the next time things will be different.

For more poems and relationship articles written by Nicholl McGuire http://www.associatedcontent.com/nichollmcguire

No comments:

RSS Search