Love Was Love Is

I bought the meat, brought it in from the grocery store, washed and seasoned it.
While he was in the livingroom watching television, I cooked it.
Love was the best piece of meat I could have served him.

Love was when I found the things that he lost, laid his nightclothes at the foot, so that he would be able to find them.

Love was his never having to clean the bathroom, his newspapers stacked, his remote control placed on his nightstand.

Love was the carpet vacuumed and the kitchen floor mopped so that his white socks would never turn brown.

Love was taking care of the children and myself.

Love was when I didn't want to accompany him to his events, but put a smile on my face and did anyway.

Love was the appreciation I showed him and the money I had given him, when we moved into a house.

Love was saving money by not letting the water run, turning off unused lights, clipping coupons, and eating leftovers for lunch.

Love was all the times I didn't tell him what I really wanted for Christmas just to save him money once again.

It was through deeds like these that I learned that love is action.

Love doesn't lie, fight, cheat...

But love does let go.

No comments:

RSS Search