Love Has Lost Its Shine

Speak when spoken to.

No warm embrace.
No kiss upon my happy face.
Went to God seeking grace.
Left emotions all over the place.
His face often looks of disgrace.

Changed his mind about this life of ours.
Wish that he had magical powers,
to turn back the hands of time.
Wasn’t ready to embrace love divine.
Thinking this was all a plan of mine.

I accepted this responsibility.
Could have left and gone to the city.
Didn’t go around looking for pity.
Now I stay up singing, “Itsy Bitsy.”

“Itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout
Down came the rain and wash the spider out
But then came the sun…”

The spider got back up again.
I get back up again!
No more rain in this house to knock me down!
Time for change!

No more wondering, wishing or waiting.
I can’t change him,
he can’t change me!


Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

RSS Search