If You Thought

If you thought that I ought,
I sought.


If you thought that I should not,
I fought.


If you believed I could,
I would.


People wrote my life stories,
I pretended to get the glories.


Told me they cared for me,
so many lies I would see.


They said what I should,
then I would, I would.


No joy with a new boy,
played by him like a toy.


Not happy with more money
or promises sweet like honey.


Always an issue,
go grab a tissue.


People say that they will do,
but sooner or later they forget about you.


Claim that they are being true,
this happened with more than a few.


Fall behind on bills,
climbing steep financial hills.


Desired to be on top,
no time to stop.


Thoughts run away from you,
"...got to do, got to do!"


Then one day you get sick,
from a demon's sticky lick.


Try to find a righteous way,
attempt to pray,
but forget what to say.


Calls come through on a phone,
pick up and get a dial tone.


No time to bring any more people in,
need to rid yourself of a sin.


A rebel keeps getting into trouble,
before long a life turns into rubble.




Nicholl McGuire







No comments:

RSS Search