Her Past, Her Ex - Crazy Love

She knew the time to tell you,
"I'm through, so over you!"
Regrets she had of saying, "I do."
She once asked often,
"What happened to you two?"

A conversation with her ex
who was often so complex.
He tried to find anyone
who would respond to his text.

A friend who was tired of being fired.
Her man got angry he would shout,
"Get out! Get out!"
She would spend weeks and pout.

Break up to make up,
that's all the couple ever did.
She wasn't quite ready to
cover the pot with a lid.

The last time she did,
it steamed and spilled over,
he thought he could show her.
He thought he could control her!

The woman was often mad,
some days she felt glad--
when he was nowhere around
he couldn't flip her world
upside down.
Saw her one day in town,
she wore no frown.
But I could see she had
a new clown.

"Better than the last..."
she said to me,
but as far as I could see,
he was just another who had her key.

She didn't protect her heart--
never from the start.
Nothing more than a Sweet Tart.

I could see the Old Me in she.
Wanting so bad for her to be happy,
believing his words, oh so sappy!

But another Mr. Wrong,
who talked too long,
and bragged about having
a big ding d*ng.

How long this would last,
before he was Past?

I wished her the best,
knew about that test.
Went my merry way
and told her, "God bless."

Time would only tell,
crazy love is hell!

Nicholl McGuire

 

No comments:

RSS Search