Clean Cup

A million pots of gold wishes--
reality sets in, I got dirty dishes.

Expected someone else to clean them up,
and bring me a new cup.

Some came did what they were told,
while others wished for my gold.

Gave up more than I received,
so my heart did grieve.

Had to trust in my God to straighten me up,
so I asked him for a clean, new and improved cup.

When things began to change in my miserable
love life, I felt stronger to deal with the trials and strife.

If I hadn't reached up and asked God to fill my cup,
then life would have ended, and my spirit let unmended.

But when I opened my arms, ignored spells and charms,
then love walked in to wash away my sin.

Only man held me to the past,
said my spirit wouldn't last.
But what he didn't know was the power of a fast.

If he knew my God, then all might have got better,
but he rarely took the time to read God's love letter.

Regrets I once had and many days I had been mad,
but these days I am glad more, than I am sad!

Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

RSS Search