Didn't Know

Walked with him, didn't know,
that I was not his friend, but a foe.
Thought that I was cool like So and So.
But little did I know,
she too was his foe.

How long must this foolishness last!
Realize now why family said, "...moving too fast!"
Too busy trying to forget the past,
I knew I should have gone on that spiritual fast!

What more must I go through to achieve happiness,
experience yet another emotional illness?
This time I didn't cause this mess,
and I had nothing to confess.

Didn't want to make him mad,
didn't tell him I was so sad.
Knew this friendship--a passing fad.
Should have listened to my dad.

His choices are not my fault,
life for him had no salt.
Preferred to drink a fatty malt,
loans went into default.

While I tried to warn this man,
he was too busy looking at a young girl's tan.

When I told him we had much work to do,
he didn't care if bill collectors made threats to sue.

Looked at me as if I would take his fall,
watched him go on trips to the mall.
Walked around ignored my calls.

Now that I know he is a foolish foe,
I'll pull back his curtain and end his show.

Nicholl McGuire



 

1 comment:

Virtual Assistant said...

Check out more poems by Nicholl here: http://spiritualpoemsbynicholl.blogspot.com

RSS Search