Came By to Say Hi

It was a cold day,
he didn't have much to say--
came by to say, "Hi"
I knew this was a lie.

I've got a million things going on
wanted to know how I was
looking to create a buzz.

Where would information about me
end up this time?
Acted as if being alone
was a crime.

Not interested in talking to my Heartache.
He knew I wasn't any good about acting fake.
I had to keep it moving,
his voice wasn't soothing.

"Goodbye!"  I said.
"Don't come back to say, 'Hi'.
Leave me alone!
Stay away!"

Next time I will pray...
don't want heartbreaker in my life
causing anymore strife!

So free,
so gone
soon it will be dawn.

Too much time wasted
thinking about the past.

He left me with a tear in his eye,
he knew I told no lie.
I meant what I said,
said what I meant!

"Don't come back to say, 'Hi.'"

Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

RSS Search