Without Him

Got a phone call
that was all.
The voice told me to, "Stand real tall--
cause he isn't worth the trouble,
didn't need to be with Barney Rubble."

Yeah, I was going to get this right,
I would state my truth and avoid a fight--
would rest easy and sleep tonight.

Some men think they are real big,
got women with holes to dig.
Found a way to solve my issue,
for one, I stopped grabbing tissue.

You see, sometimes we think we know
and sometimes we love for show,
but disrespect comes with a blow.

No time to be with The One
a heart he had once won.

More concerned about dollars and cents
and who or what he represents.

Looked around for all the signs
and realized I was behind the times.

Kept waiting for something good,
"I wish, I wish, he would..."

Then changed my mind,
a future I had to find.


Nicholl McGuire




RSS Search