A Heartbreaker's Lust

I tried to be the best I could be
I tried to make him see, make him see,
but he was no longer in love with me
and I couldn't be, what he wanted me to be.

So I packed my things and I left his ring
and I took the time to sing, to sing
about what God had done for me,
He opened my eyes so I could see!

Now I have left the pain of yesteryear,
ignorance, upset and threw away a tear.
Stopped preparing for things that brought on fear.


What made me act so frail, so dumb,
do so much for a little crumb...?

Couldn't get a smile, a laugh,
or even get him to do some math.

Sometimes we avoid lessons in fun,
think all days are full of sun.
Then let down our shaky guard,
look the other way and don't retard.

Move so very fast, so fast,
then think lust will last and last.

Watch before you cross the street,
and don't get caught between the sheets.

See what you don't want to see,
listen to heartbreakers like me.

Never thought days would be like this,
never thought I would be the one to diss.

But when you get tired and have been fired,
your brain and pain become tightly wired.

Sometimes you feel, you enjoy the thrill,
then other times you rather just chill.

So now that you know how lust can go,
don't be the one who gets lost in the show.

Nicholl McGuire
RSS Search