Just Between Us: Poem from Laboring to Love an Abusive Mate by Nicholl McGuire

Several weeks have gone by
and I lost track of time
because I kept seeing your face
dance through my mind.

Your beauty magnetic; your charm
unique.  There were nights I had
trouble getting to sleep.

Your voice was forever ringing
in my ears as I tried to collect
all my lost tears.

Songs shared between us
were something missed--
only reminders of lovemaking
between a kiss.

Deep soul confessions, just
between us, there were times
when we needed to cry and fuss.

Expressions of true love,
always in the making, but at times
we weren't ready
for love--its strong taking.

Embedded in my heart and embedded
in my mind is engraved you
and a future so I sit down and pray.

And I know something now
that I didn't know then and that is
I'm ready to move on again.

Nicholl McGuire
http://laboringtoloveanabusivemate.blogspot.com/

No comments:

RSS Search