I Won't Be Leaving Again

Packed my bags, left behind my heart.
No longer wanted to hear you breathing.

I needed time and space.
Sought a new direction.
But instructions only led me back to you.

So I made a u-turn
in my thoughts and in my feelings.

It started with a memory, next your voice
and I became hard of hearing.

Didn't want to think of what I did.
Couldn't stomach what you said or did.

Started to focus on the good things.
Believed that things would get better.

Reasoned rest would help us.
Made up in my mind I would take the test.

Hoped and prayed.
Cried and moaned.

Desired to hear you breathing once again.
Wanted to relieve you of any pain I had caused.

Visualized what happiness looked like,
needed to know you still loved me.

Back in your arms is where I belong,
back in your arms is where I belong.

Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

RSS Search