An Internet Romance

Looking forward to another call, another time to be alone on the phone
time has no meaning when all your doing is leaning...
Leaning on someone who desires love
Hoping one day to see a white dove.
A sign of peace, love, a new beginning.
Thoughts of you, I often wonder is your heart locked...
Am I the key to unlock it?
Streams of memories of the past don't wash away easy.
Will one day like a breeze, you'll leave me?
Will her face be the one you see while I yearn for you to complete me.

What I Hadn't Asked...

Almost missed the chance
to start a romance
when I didn't think enough to ask...
Your needs, the things that bring you pleasure
the desires of your heart, your mind
would you attend a play
or stay home all day?
Do you like the rain or prefer the sunshine?
Do you like sports, tv and a book to read?
Would you mind traveling
while coddling me?
Would your lips kiss me,
your tongue surround me?
Would you hold me or roll
over away from me...

I hadn't thought to ask...
What makes you cry or do you cry?
Would you hold my hand for the world to see?
How about a child is there a possibility?
Would your voice comfort or scold me on a wrong...
Would you hang up and give me a dial tone?
Had I asked about your mom, your dad and other family?
Was I listening when you said you want to go out with me...
Do you have female friends or friends who are female?
How would your friends react to me...

I need to only ask these questions and more...
while we have allowed ourselves to be an open door.


Written by Nicholl McGuire, Sept. 2005

No comments:

RSS Search