Last Year

One year away, often I pray--
didn't have any more to say.

Mind was clouded
by a need for money.
Life wasn't so sweet,
cost too much to keep Honey.

I awoke to my truth
when I read the Book of Ruth.

Save that drama for Mama.

Last year the broken woman died.
I was tired of being tried.
Relationship analyzed, they lied.

Fools didn't know my story,
didn't know I gave God the glory!
Mama got her peace!!
Mouths just need to cease.

I awoke to tooth pain,
while suffering around the so-called sane.
What was to gain by staying
in your own lane?

Happy now, I'm back!
It took two teeth to crack.
Dentist brought me back to life,
no more walking around in strife.

Same year job no longer fulfilling,
bad hand the company was dealing.
My fate didn't need sealing.
Best thing to do, leave and experience healing.

Yes been away, still pray,
that's all I got to say today.

Nicholl McGuire is the author of Say Goodbye to Dad and other books.

Poet Nicholl with son Wes - Happy New Year!

No comments:

RSS Search