Love Found Me

"I make time for you,
do what I can do."
I say.

Then he tells me,
"Let us pray."
So I say, "Okay."

He opened up my life,
took away my constant strife!

When love finds you,
it's such a good thing!
There is more to it,
then just a ring.

He walked with me,
shared a world I couldn't see.

Said he loved me more than me--
told me of ways to please me.

Oh yes, love dried my sad tears!
Filled me with peace and drove away fears!

I am so happy and complete--
no longer taking a backseat!

Everyone and everything use to get the best,
put my emotions through difficult tests.

Tried to explain how I felt,
while my heart would just melt.

In his presence I am filled,
a cup of hurts, they spilled.

Wasn't happy at all,
didn't feel like standing tall.

But I kept the faith, told myself, "It's not too late,
one day there will be a wedding date."

When you put aside hate,
when you watch for a mate,
there love will be standing at the gate.

So I raise my hands high,
'cause my heart didn't die.
And I know that true love,
never tells a lie.

Nicholl McGuire

RSS Search