In The Middle of the Road

Feel good?
Lie.
Straighten up a tie.
Pretend that I didn't ask, "Why?"
Often keeping things to yourself.
Busy like an elf.

Thought I had something good when I looked at you.
But took in your perspective, your view.
You didn't like me much.
But you used me as a crutch!
Hobbled along in this relationship.
Ignored my each and every tip.

See I know what this is really about.
You claim I like to make trouble and shout.
But you run, don't like no one messing with your fun.

What are we going to do?
Our years remaining are few.

Got bigger fish to fry!
Got to get pass yesteryears's lie.

You see the more I do, I do, I do...
it seems the more you don't want to change your view, your view, your view.
So sick and tired of you!

Found a way to make peace before I cracked,
got over the things that I had lacked.
There is a new friend in my town.
Don't need him to act like a clown.

Found a friend in what some call Jesus--
hope he can mediate between us.

Nicholl McGuire is the author of Spiritual Poems by Nicholl
RSS Search