When People Love to Extremes

Love my job so much!
Didn't want to have to leave to make plans
for family, friends and everything else in between.

Love my house!
Sacrifice everything including relationships just for the upkeep.
No one understands how important my house means to me, but me.

Love my car!
Watch your hands, your feet, your butt in my seat.
Don't bother to ride unless you have gas money put aside.

Love my dog!
He's my best friend, will kill a man about him.
Respect him like you do a child and call him by his name.

Love my mother!
Refuse to accept what others say about her even when I know she's wrong.
Broke up with women over her, will never put anyone before her.

Love my child!
Lost and confused. A problem to society, but I will defend.
It wasn't his fault, it was yours.

Love my money!
More than life itself! It sustains me, heals me when God isn't bothered.
Don't ask me for any, you go get your own!

Extreme, selfish, jealous, crazy love.
To fight, argue, steal and kill for the "it."
An "it" dressed up pretty who means well
deadlier than the devil himself.
She shows up with good intentions.
He has her interests in mind.

They both rattle their so-called happy home with long hours at work,
an unexpected purchase, a trouble-making relative, and selfish desires within.

To love someone or something more than yourself, a foolish action.
It causes a negative reaction and in time many will learn the hard way.

Nicholl McGuire
RSS Search