I Still Want To Marry…

If I could take a moment
to think about yesterday.
My heart pounded in my chest
racing within your dreams.

You told me you loved me
wanted to spend the rest of your life
with me.

Images of a white wedding
briefly flashed through my mind.
I cried inside…

You told me of a big house
Saturday morning breakfast
watching cartoons
spending time with the children.

It seemed so right
but I ached inside.
I didn’t want that life anymore.

You opened wounds
I had lived it all before.

A glossy tear filled your right eye
You were hiding your pain.
Tempted to leave the room, yet you stayed.

You were not him.
A mistake from my past.
An uncomfortable quiet,
we looked to the floor.

Negative energy you and I endured,
All the while reaching an understanding.


Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

RSS Search