Have Never Been in Love with My Lovers' Minds

Silly, foolish
too serious,
pretending to be knowledgeable,
dumbed down to a single syllable.


Never been in love with my lovers' minds.
Ignored the warning, flashing red signs.
Reduced my own thinking to fit in,
then hated them for the mess I got in.


TV suffocated, short skirt distracted, athlete dreamers,
ugly, naked bodies abandoned due to much eating,
they sit in cheap seating...ignorant, tired men,
Watching them with hand on chin, "Forgive me Lord for past sin."


They don't see their laziness, greed, lack of common sense.
Deep discussions intense, eyes look to run, prefer to have fun.
Undisciplined, lack focus, unable to complete a sentence..."Um, um, um..."
Dumb duh dumb!


Disputes over nothing, ignore the important things,
talk, talk, talk more than women amongst brothers
dumb, stupid ex-lovers...


They tried to put me down for their lack,
mad because I didn't have their back.
Why?  When your words hurt me
like sitting on a thumbtack?


Rid myself of you wasn't about to boo, hoo, hoo
over you. 
Where are the good men? 
Already taken, more than a few.


Started out positive in life,
despite truth cutting me like a knife.
Looked at the glass half full,
until I realized I was with a fool.
Broke my own rule--not cool!


Settled for lost, stubborn, stillborn men--
now that's a sin!


Got caught up, between sheets
tried to nurse my defeats.
Took a leap then another,
sought advice from my mother.


Never been in love with my lovers' minds,
far too many desire a huge, smelly behind.


Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

RSS Search