The Ripple Effect


Did I tell you I am in love?

I guess I didn't have to when you could see it on my face.

Disappointed because you misunderstood my smile for being single.

You thought you had a chance.

"I bet I could keep that smile on her face," so you thought.

Sorry, I'm sure you couldn't.

You see, the man that tattooed this smile to my face, made love to me the night before like ocean waves gently pushing their way upon the sand. The ripple effect was amazing!

So turn and walk away.

Thing about the what ifs.

You will find her one day.

You may have her already.

Tattoo a smile on her face, wash up beautiful memories upon her shore and who knows what might happen...maybe a ripple effect...


by Nicholl McGuire
To hear audio of her poetry, visit http://associatedcontent.com/nichollmcguire

No comments:

RSS Search