The Narcissist

If I told him how much I love him
I doubt he would even care
so I protect my soul,
not willing to share.

If I told him how I felt when he
acted so sweetly to others,
he would claim he doesn't
act any different in front of the brothers.

If I told him that I wish that he
wouldn't use me like a dish,
he would just shake his head,
deny and insist...

"You got me all wrong,
didn't I already hear this song?
I like to be me, can't you see?
So what that I can be demanding,
why talk about me?  Look at you,
I don't like your view.  I don't do what
you think I do.
Don't expose me...you know I can sue! 
People like me, because I'm funny--
besides I make lots of money.
You should be happy to be with someone like me,
don't you see?  I am a treasure, God's gift.
How long did it take you to find a real
man through your sift?
I picked you because I thought you were meant for me,
but I realize now, an old fantasy from age 23.
Aren't you supposed to be my help-mate? 
This is why I agreed to date. 
Why couldn't you just be real nice...entice,
but no you had to be unpredictable like rolling dice?
So I ignore you, so what? 
I'll come around when I need some butt.
So you don't like how I am?
Guess you will go back and tell your fam...
I am a good man, oh yes I am!"

He doesn't hear the rolling waves of pain,
I think this man is partially insane!

He doesn't hear the lies, he tells,
looks the other way when he fails.

Loves to blame this person, this thing and that place,
walks around with a grimace on his face.
But give him something to help build his life,
then personal jealousy will create some strife.

"Why didn't I think of that...what's up with that?
Think I will go pet The Cat..."
Yet, his good mood doesn't last very long,
then it's back to singing that old, tired song...

"He doesn't love me, he doesn't care,
all he does is sit back and stare.
I hate his glare, life seems so unfair...
why did I take myself up on this dare?"

Nicholl McGuire



No comments:

RSS Search